Tuesday, April 26, 2011

To raise or to wash?

In February I gained possession of a Non Sequitur 2011 desk calendar, along with several other desk calendars. I kept or gave away the others, but the Non Sequitur one was one that no one I offered it to wanted. Before it hit the recycling bin, I flipped through it. On the back of each page, there was The Daily Extra. On the back of January 19, 2011, I read the above question. I'm a tennis fan, and thought I knew the answer. However,

upon flipping the page to the back of January 20, 2011, I saw that my confident answer of Rod Laver was actually wrong. Plus, I must not be as big a tennis fan as I thought if I've never heard of Rod Lever before. Oh, wait, hold on. It's actually the calendar's spelling of Rod Laver that is wrong. Click an image to enlarge it.

No comments: