Wednesday, August 1, 2012

MSN Canada homepagerrors - July 2012

Here are a couple of errors I detected on the MSN Canada homepage during July 2012. First, on July 18, embarrassing needed a second R in order to qualify as an actual word. Then,

on July 18, the book - and future movie - title should have been written as Fifty Shades of Grey, because that's the official title. I like how the American gray is used in the book title (and book titles do not change based on a region's spelling differences), yet the British rumours is used immediately after. Then,

I clicked to the article - "Ian Somerhalder shoots down 50 Shades Of Gray rumors" on MSN Canada Entertainment on July 18, 2012. The headline is the same, except for the now-American rumors. Gray is still wrong. The image above includes the entire article. In the first paragraph, the pair? What pair? Are Ian and Somerhalder two different people, meaning the headline should have an and between the two, and shoots should be shoot? What is "the hit supernatural drama" that the writer is talking about? The businessman is not Christian Gray. The book, again, is Fifty Shades of Grey, and the guy is Christian Grey. In the third paragraph, there should be quotation marks or italics for the shows Extra and Vampire Diaries - hey, Vampire Diaries! That's "the hit supernatural drama"! I've heard so much about you! And Fifty Shades of Grey should also have quotation marks or italics, and it should still - and always for that title - be Grey. Click an image to enlarge it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Up until that trilogy of futuristics I had paid little attention to the historical market. Yes, of course, I had read and loved Georgette Heyer, but that was the sum total of my experience with the genre. I simply never saw myself as a dissertation writing of historical romance. As far as I was concerned, all the stories I wanted to tell required either a contemporary or a futuristic setting.