Monday, June 4, 2012

This post has words and images. There are words and images included in this blog post.

An interesting spin on the usual hyphens-in-ages error. Normally, 30 years old shouldn't have any hyphens, but in this case the error is that there should not be an S at the end of year. From "Man shot near Port Moody Rec Centre: report" on The Vancouver Sun online on May 30, 2012. Then,

the article was updated and the error fixed (and the man's age changed). But along came other issues. In the second sentence, I think the best fix is to insert the word and between night and has. Also, as you can see above, in the article's first three paragraphs we are told more than once how old the victim was, that there were shots fired, and that he died in hospital. Click an image to enlarge it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right, so this is a lead-in to my apologia to everybody who used to follow this blog, and slowly drifted away when no letters from Alifros were forthcoming. Thanks to all of you who sent messages of support, good writing thesis or inquiry. I think I answered everyone, but if I failed to, please forgive the oversight. I have an excuse, of course. I’ve been writing like a demon on Jolt.