Friday, May 2, 2008

Jason Kuryto

Meanwhile, back in Vancouver, another young boy couldn't shake the original film from his head.

"I was 10 years old when the first film came out," says Jason Kuryto, who now owns and operates Kick-Start Cardio, a company that provides fitness and wellness programs for corporate clients here in the city.

"Pretty much every major event that happened through my teens - my first kiss, first time bungee-jumping, first time public speaking - I had the Indiana Jones soundtrack running through my head. I've got most, if not all, of the first two movies memorized line for line."

Kuryto first heard about Strompolos' film, Raiders: The Adaptation, when he read about the trio in a 2004 Vanity Fair article.
-- Lost and found in 24 Hours Vancouver, Friday May 2nd 2008

Correction: Jason Kurylo. He's a good friend of mine who has organized a fantastic event - Raiders: The Adaptation - that goes down tonight. In this article his name is misspelled all four times mentioned.

No comments: