Thursday, January 29, 2009

saying 'what are ya writing?' Or they'd come up to me and say 'You should do a show about my brother-in-law. That guy is a a------!"

-- "Butt of his own jokes" in Vancouver 24 hours on January 29, 2009

I've posted several of these quotes-of-the-article type of errors, but this one takes the cake. Why is copy-and-paste not a possibility? The first thing that caught my eye was the a a------! error (the article correctly has an), but upon further review, there's a plethora of errors. At the end of the purple-quoted text, there should be a single closing quotation mark before the double closing quotation mark. You know what, there are just too many differences between the article's text and the quoted text, so I leave it to you: How many differences can you spot?

No comments: